The process to restore the dwelling in a Country Property in Catalunya is

  • Architect’s plans (outline planning, building regulations project, environmental impact project) It is important to know that in Spain, only architects can do plans for dwellings. if you are told that you need an “APAREJADOR” or “TECHNICAL ARCHITECT” this means that the Estate Agent is talking about a Barn or Almacen.
  • Licence given by the Central Government
  • Building permission
  • When the builders have finished you will have the Certificate of Habitation from your architect and the Council.